Web Applications Developer Vacancy
IMGS are Ireland’s leading supplier of spatial and data solutions for government, utility, and telecommunications industries. Our solutions enable our customers to capture, manage and embed spatial data and engineering documentation into their enterprise information systems.
Our team comprises professionals from backgrounds in engineering, computer science, geographical information systems, project management, training, and commerce. This is an outstanding career opportunity for the right candidate to join a young dynamic company and really make a difference.
We are currently seeking an experienced and skilled Web Applications Developer to join our team and work across multiple applications and sectors – including water/fibre/electric utilities, mapping agencies, transportation, planning, defence forces and more. This is an opportunity to apply existing skills and extend to new ones, and to play a lead role in some key projects. You will gain responsibility in delivering key projects and analysis.
This role will work in an innovative and collaborative environment with fellow developers, data analysts, business analysts, and really good and valued clients. You will collaborate on a wide range of projects in multi-disciplinary teams, and typically have productive contact with client colleagues.
You will be developing on pre-built applications.
Our office is based in Blanchardstown, Dublin, however there is an opportunity for remote/hybrid working for this role.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude to applying analytical skills to problem solving.
- Good IT literacy and with scripting/programming experience.
- Experience in Web applications.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Demonstrable skills in the following:
- Data management, ideally using SQL databases or similar.
- Coding experience using Python, SQL, R or similar.
- Experience working with ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, FME.
- Proven track record of application development, troubleshooting and testing.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Experience with Cloud deployments such as Docker, Kubernetes, CI / CD Pipeline Deployments.
- Experience in defining user requirements for Web applications.
- Private medical insurance.
- Condensed working week.
- Biannual bonus payments.
- Work from home / Hybrid model.
- Loyalty leave – 4 weeks additional paid leave after 3 years.
- Company events.
- On-site parking.
- Monday to Friday.
- Web Application Development : 5 years (preferred).
- SQL databases or similar: 3 years (preferred).
- Hexagon or open-source configuration: 3 years (preferred).
- Fluent English, with strong writing skills (preferred).
- EU / EEA / Irish passport or other right to work (preferred).
If you are interested in applying for this role please send an up to data C.V. cover e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org